Welcome to Mixed Media, the official blog of The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB).

Thursday, April 5, 2012

NAGB Intern: Aaron Theus

This past week we had an Intern who assisted us at the gallery. We had an amazing time with Aaron Theus, who was always quick to help with tours, collections management and membership. He picked up some new skills on the way and we hope to see him again in the future interning or volunteering with us.

NAGB Intern for a week, Aaron Theus.

Hello, my name is Aaron. I am in the eleventh grade and I attend St. Anne’s school. Each year, our school encourages us to take part in “Work Study” week. This is when our school assigns us students to a business or company that appeals to us. As a fan of art, they assigned me to work at the National Art Gallery of The Bahamas. I was thrilled to work with a group of people who have the same interest like me. They are really friendly people and they all have great work ethics. During my stay I’ve learnt about photography, managing a website and I also learnt how to use Photoshop. My stay at the gallery also made me appreciate Junkanoo and Bahamian art more. These people put in a lot of work making and designing Junkanoo costumes. I really enjoyed my week at the gallery. If I ever get another opportunity, I will work there again. Hopefully, I could have some of my work being displayed the next time I visit the gallery.

The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas is establishing an internship and work-study program for high school, college and graduate students who are interested in the visual arts and the careers in this field. Interns and work-study participants will receive hands on experience in working within a museum setting.
For more information please call the gallery at 328-5800/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment