Welcome to Mixed Media, the official blog of The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB).

Thursday, June 7, 2012

NAGB Intern: Cydne Coleby

Hi everybody my name is Cydne Coleby, on the NAGB’s newest volunteers. Outside of my volunteering, I am currently a second year Art major at the College of The Bahamas, but I was recently accepted to OTIS College of Art and Design to study Digital Media, and I am currently in the process of transferring over for the upcoming fall semester.

During my time at the gallery, I assisted with the hanging of their most recent show Amos Ferguson: Bahamian Outsider a retrospective of the late Amos Ferguson’s work. Now I’ll be honest with you, I admittedly wasn’t a big Amos Ferguson fan, but this show has won me over. The team here at the NAGB did an amazing job with this show. So if you weren’t planning on seeing it, I think you should strongly reconsider. I’d also like to thank everyone at the NAGB for not only offering me such a wonderful opportunity, but for also being amazing people!

Photographs taken by Cydne Coleby.

Permenant Exhibition: Bahamian Landscape 
Amos Ferguson: Bahamian Outsider Introduction Section
Amos Ferguson: Bahamian Outsider Ballroom

 
Amos Ferguson: Bahamian Outsider Ballroom

The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas has established a Summer 2012 internship program for high school, college and graduate students who are interested in the visual arts and careers in this field.

Interns will receive hands on experience in working within a museum setting and art studio space. The internship program would create yet another facet of learning for those young adults looking to gain experience in the arts, thus influencing future career decisions.

For further information and to download application forms pleases visit Here or call the Gallery at 328-5800/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment