Welcome to Mixed Media, the official blog of The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB).

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Aspiring Artist Of the Week

Aspiring Artist of The Week: Darvin Minus


Name: Darvin Minus
Age: 21
Major: Art
Specialty: Portraits and tattoo design
Siblings: 1 Brother

Interested You in Art: "As a child it was God given talent and from there on was interested."

Did art in high school:yes
BGCSE Art grade: A
Previous high school : CR Walker

Influential Artist: Jamal Rolle, Darrel tank, JD Hillberry, Chuck Close, Calvin Oxford

Favorite Area of Art: portraits
Favorite Medium: colored pencils
Weakest area in art: painting

Has art become apart every aspect of your life?
Yes.

Favorite art piece & Artist:
JD Hillberry logo.
Darrel tank portrait
Calvin Oxford works
Darrel Tank pieces

Something that one has to constantly remind self about in creating art pieces:
To focus and to have patience.

What has been your most inspirational moment in the last five years?
"With Renbent Mortimer, I got to talk with him and he constructively criticized my art and allowed me to see what I need to work on. I also started to read a book by Joel Olsteen - Becoming a Better You."

Top movies of all time?
ATL
Titanic
The Wood
Boomerang
Freedom Writers
The Notebook

Art Pet Peeve:
"I don't like creating art while persons are watching me or being surrounded by noise."

Most difficult area in portraits: Hair

Art quote for myself and others:
"Discipline yourself and make a commitment."

Favorite Color: White

Extra info:
"I love culinary arts, visual arts, and poetry."
"I'm very ambitious and my ultimate goal is to become successful in doing what I love."
"I also want to become well known for my portraits and then my poetry."




5 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work ,I'm really proud of you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely portraits.......very detailed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bey my boi is a beast derd mad skills daven

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so AWESOME I can't wait to get a portrait done with me and Alex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am inspired. Hope to see more from this up and coming young artists.

    ReplyDelete