Welcome to Mixed Media, the official blog of The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB).

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Jonathan Glinton, Lyford Cay Student, creates interactive mapping for the NAGB's collection

My name is Jonathan Glinton and I am an international student currently attending Lyford Cay International School (LCIS). LCIS is an International Baccalaureate (IB) school located on New Providence, The Bahamas. I am currently in 10th grade finishing my Middle Years Programme (MYP) certificate in the IB programme.



To obtain an MYP certificate, students are required to complete a personal project. The personal project is a task which challenges students to create a product based on their interests. For my personal project, I am creating a website for The National Art Gallery of the Bahamas (NAGB). This project will involve creating barcodes for art works from the National Collection, which can then be used by employees and visitors of the NAGB for reference. 

The idea is that users can scan the barcode and access the relevant information on the art piece and the artist as well as interviews and articles about the artist as supplementary materials. This can also be used as an inventory management and control tool by the employees of NAGB so that they may track the art pieces in the gallery. I chose this as my topic because it brings together my passion for art and my skills in design technology.

See Jonathan's project here: https://sites.google.com/a/lcis.bs/nagb-web/

No comments:

Post a Comment