Welcome to Mixed Media, the official blog of The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB).

Thursday, April 25, 2013

NAGB Intern: Woodlen Saunders

My experience at The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas was tremendous, exciting and wonderful. I got to meet professional artists that I only dreamed of meeting. Artists like Kishan Munroe, Jackson Petit-Homme, Robin Hardy, John Cox and Ms. Wright.


My first day I was here I received a tour from Joshua Stubbs another intern here at the gallery. We were allowed to walk through the gallery at any spare time to view the artwork. I had to create and cut out mask for the children for the Gallery’s Easter Production for March. The following  day we visited the Hillside House and created key chains from mahogany wood with Mr. Robin Hardy. I also created a design for the Gallery’s garbage bin to promote recycling, which were painted the following day.

However , all of the fun came to an end and Friday. I wish it could have been longer, but all good things must come to an end. After I graduate , the National Art Gallery will be the first job I apply for and hopefully my last. This was an incredible and awesome experince!

Woodlen Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment